Working together with the department Supervisor, is responsible for training and monitoring that staff is accurately follow processing procedures with minimum error. Also trains/monitors that staffs are follow FAA guideline when shipping specimen box to Austin. Ensure specimen integrity by training/monitoring staff on the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling, and processing. Adheres to and trains/monitors staff on adherence to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
Promotes quality patient/client relations and creates supportive climate by serving as a role model. Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to the laboratory. Adhere to all laboratory policies and regulations. Works with minimal direction, consults with supervisor as needed. Operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computer keyboards and CRT and centrifuges. Effectively communicates via written, verbal, face-to-face, telephone and computer methods.
1) Trains and monitors that staff is utilizing technical skills and abilities to followed department procedures, as well as accurately handling and processing specimens.
2) Trains and monitors staff’s adherence to:
3) Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality. Trains and monitors that staff:
4) Effectively utilizes departmental resources and strives to promote:
5) Enthusiastically performs miscellaneous duties with completion in a designated time frame.
Minimum – training or experience in specimen collection and/or processing.
Preferred – two years of laboratory training or experience in specimen collection and processing.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the laboratory and with laboratory customers.
Ability to work accurately and confidently in a fast paced environment with no supervision.